Friday 30 March 2012

Book and Illustration - Leo Timmers



I have at home two big fans of Leo Timmers books! The older one is already a bit outgrowing them, but the 1,5 old is now becoming really fascinated by Leo's illustrations. I think the book "Wie rijdt" ( Who's driving ) and "Diepzee Dokter Diederik" ( Deep Sea doctor Dean) are sort of classic books in the Dutch children world. The illustrations are really appealing to kids and the stories are so funny! I really like to read it and make all the funny noises with my boys ;-)  Leo Timmers was born in Belgium (1970) and he is not only a graphic designer, he actually writes the stories! His books have been published and translated in many countries. In the Netherlands you can get the books from Clavis . It is a real treat! 
I wish you all a great weekend!